Spring Cleaning Give Away! – CLOSED
Spring is in the air, and what better way to welcome the birds, bees, and sun than non-toxic cleaning products? Over the next few weeks, I will review different types of cleaners claiming to be ‘natural’ or ‘non-toxic’ but I would like to start the cleaning season with a special Earth Day Giveaway! Naturally It’s Clean is a line of enzyme-based household cleaners that is safe for children, pets, and our ecological system that has been donated to help one household ‘clean’ up their act.
With mainstream cleaning products increasingly being linked to cancer, acute health risks, and severe and irreparable ecological harm, your cleaning cabinet may need a good clean it self!
What is an Enzyme Cleaner?
Enzymes work on a biological level. According to Naturally It’s Clean’s Mike Wallrich, “Enzymes bind to the target material catalyzing it into harmless basic elements.” Basically, it latches on to whatever dirt, grime, or yuck that you are cleaning and breaks it down slowly into elements or compounds that can biodegrade.
Similar to conventional cleaning products, enzymes perform the same function of breaking down alkalines and acids. The difference is that by using a natural enzyme that can biodegrade which greatly reduces the ecological impact and health concerns. Chemical-based cleaners fight with stronger acids and alkalines and produce a toxic by-product.
- Attack a specific type of bacteria
- Removes odor
- Continue to clean after you have sprayed it (since they are ‘alive’)
- Use the same types of enzymes as hospitals, meaning they are safe and effective.
- No fumes, vapors, phosphates, chlorine, or petroleum surfactants.
- Enzymes do not last forever. Since it is an ‘active’ cleaner, don’t let it sit for several years before using it.
- Extreme heat or cold could reduce the effectiveness of the enzymes
From a human health perspective, cleaning products are one of the most commonly inhaled substances indoors by adults, children, and pets. The enzyme-cleaning agents in Naturally It’s Clean products are:
- Free of off-gasing
- Free of side effects
- Safe for humans, animals, and children.
From an ecological perspective, cleaning products can severely impact water, air, and soil quality. With products running down the drain, outside, lingering in your house, and leeching into the ground. These products are safe for our ecological system due to:
Natural binding properties that allow them to biodegrade the enzyme and the ‘yuck’ that the enzyme binds with
- No petroleum-based ingredients
- Type of surfactant
- Natural colorant for the Floor and Toilet products
Is it better than my home remedy?
Impossible to say! Whether you are a cleaning product guru, like my Grandmother or not, it is hard to truly compare these products to home remedies for several reasons. First, everyone has a different home remedy. Second, everyone has different standards of ‘clean’.
What I can tell you is that the Mildew cleaner, the Floor cleaner, and their Tub and Tile cleaners all clean equally as well as their extremely toxic mainstream counterparts. As a whole, I have used these products for a couple of years now, and have never been disappointed. An individual used to cleaning with conventional products including Clorox, Ajax, and other similar brands will find them to hold up to their cleanliness standards. (Minus of course that burning sensation you feel when you inhale mainstream harsh cleaning products)
The ‘Run Down’ on Naturally It’s Clean Products
The most important thing that I learned about these products is this:
They work, naturally.
Something that I don’t take for granted with all ‘natural’ or ‘non-toxic’ labeled cleaning products. There is a significant amount of false labeling in the cleaning industry, with various standards, eco-labels, and third party certifications that can make products difficult to navigate. The two men who run this company Denny and Mike, are extremely helpful, gracious, and genuinely proud of their products. They have also gone through the certification process to sell these cleaning agents in Europe. Which compared to the loose standards in the United States, the EU’s certification process is intensive, attesting to their dedication and confidence in the safety and performance of their products.
So what are you waiting for? Enter to win their six top cleaning products kindly donated by Denny and Mike of Naturally It’s Clean and kick the chemical habitat of toxic cleaners!
The line of products that could be yours include:
- Tub & Tile
How to Win
There are many opportunities to win this contest. You must leave a separate comment for each entry. Here’s all the ways to increase your chances to win:
- Comment ( 1 entry ): Visit Naturally It’s Clean and tell us which of their products you like the most.
- Subscribe to my email subscription ( up to 2 entries ): Follow Pays to Live Green’s daily articles by simply subscribing to to my email subscription service and/or RSS feed. This will give you a great chance to win and give you all the latest updates to my blog. A win-win situation. You get 1 entry for each subscription.
- Spread the Word ( 2 entries ): You can get a better advantage by publicizing this giveaway on your blog. All you have to do is give a brief description of this contest and a link to it. Be sure to include a link to the post in a comment.
- Twitter ( 1 entry ): Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this contest including a brief description of this contest and a link to it. Include a link to your Twitter account in the comment.
- StumbleUpon ( 1 entry ): Stumble this contest or one of my popular tools and leave a review.
When is it over?
This giveaway will end on May 5th, 2010 at 11:59 pm. We will randomly select a winner from the list of all entries and announce the winner the following day. This contest is only to U.S. residents 18 years or older.
Good luck to everybody and Happy Spring!