The Ultimate Homemade All Purpose Cleaners
There are alternatives to using the dangerous chemicals that comprise most of the cleaners on the market today. Especially when it comes to an all purpose cleaner, we want to make sure that is safe for our families, especially the little ones. These all natural homemade all purpose cleaners will keep your family safe, while saving you tons of money.
Mix equal parts of water and vinegar in a spray bottle. Yes, it’s that simple. This handy cleaner will take care of almost any cleaning job throughout your house. Here are just a few of those jobs:
- Carpet: This solution will eliminate most spills on our carpets. It does sometimes have a difficult time with set in stains, but it does a really good job for most situations.
- Kitchen: Will clean just about any surface in the kitchen including your counter tops, appliances and cutting boards.
- Shower: Removes soap build up and eliminates mold and mildew on tiles.
- Toilet Bowl: Get’s rid of those mineral build up around the ring of our toilet bowls.
- Windows: Just as effective as window cleaning products.
Depending on what job you are doing, you may have to increase or decrease the amount of vinegar in this solution. I just this cleaner on a daily basis and usually keep more than one bottle of various levels of vinegar to water.
Mix 3 parts of baking soda to 1 parts water. Once again, nothing complicated about this recipe. This will give you a paste that will is just as versatile as the one above, but for tasks that may require an abrasive. It can be used on a variety of applications just as the above cleaner:
- Bathroom Tub: This paste can remove stains and mildew.
- Carpets: Removes most stains and odors from our carpets.
- Grease: This paste will eliminate grease stains on just about any surface.
- Kitchen: Removes stains stuck on particles on our kitchen sinks as well as pots on pans. This paste easily removes caked on food on pots and pans with ease.
- Laundry: Removes odor from clothes and can help whiten them.
The only word of caution with this cleaner is that it can cause scratching on some surfaces just as with most abrasive cleaners.
These two cleaners complement each other well. They will take care of just about any cleaning job throughout your house. The vinegar spray cleaner takes care of the quick cleanups while the paste works well on tougher jobs around the house. Give these two cleaners a try and you won’t be disappointed.